Throughout October, Duke’s IT Security Office will share tips and resources to help staff, faculty and students protect their digital security.
As part of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, Duke IT staff will present two Learn IT @ Lunch sessions and will be available at various on-campus events giving away webcam covers, carabiners and other freebies.
Duke staff, faculty and students also can take a quiz to test their cyberstrength. All Duke users who take the quiz will be entered into a drawing to win an AppleWatch.
Join us at these events:
- Oct. 2: Learn IT @ Lunch session, “Phishing: Are you available?,” 12 to 1 p.m., Bostock Library: The Edge Workshop Room (first floor). https://sites.duke.edu/training/learn-it-lunch/
- Oct. 8: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Live for Life Health Expo, School of Nursing, 307 Trent Drive, Pearson 1103 https://hr.duke.edu/wellness/wellness-expo
- Oct. 10: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Clinical Research Appreciation Day, Trent Semans Center.
- Oct. 14: Innovation Co-Lab roots/ class, “The Big Encryption Debate: Privacy and Security in the Digital Age,” 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., TEC classroom. https://colab.duke.edu/roots?track_id=5
- Oct. 23: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Live for Life Wellness Expo, Fuqua School of Business, 100 Fuqua Drive, Kirby Reading Room.
- Oct. 29: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Pick up web camera covers, carabiners and other giveaways at the ITSO informational table at Bryan Center plaza.
- Oct. 30: Learn IT @ Lunch session, “LastPass: Beyond the Password,” 12 to 1 p.m., Bostock Library: The Edge Workshop Room (first floor). https://sites.duke.edu/training/learn-it-lunch/
- Oct. 30: Innovation Co-Lab roots/ class, “How to Fake a Tweet, or How to Spot BS Online,” 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., TEC classroom. https://colab.duke.edu/roots?track_id=5
For any departments that would like our office to present (during October or any other month), please inquire via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.