OIT has a specialized secure network, or “protected network,” which hosts virtual machines (VMs) and network storage that contain protected data. This data cannot be accessible to the general public and may either be sensitive or restricted. Sign in with your NetID and password to view the protected network diagram.
OIT is currently in the process of developing the next version of our Protected Network for Research. Learn more about the capabilities and features of this new environment by visiting the service page on the OIT website.
Applicable Policies, Procedures, and Standards:
- OIT Protected Network Service
- Protected Network: Acceptable Use Policy
- Protected Network: Account, Data and Incident Policies
- Protected Network: Infrastructure Policies
- Protected Network: Backups and Encryption
- Protected Network: Disposing of Equipment and Re-using Media
- Protected Network: Malicious Software Protection Procedure for Servers
- Enterprise Data Center: Contingency Operations
- Enterprise Data Center: Facility Access Control
- Enterprise Data Center: Facility Security
- Enterprise Data Center: Maintenance Records
- Protected Network: Managing Assets
- Protected Network: Server Security Checklist